The ‘Home Care Today’ project ran from 2013 to June 2017. COTA Australia continues to provide access to Home Care Today resources which were current at June 2017. However they are no longer monitored or updated, and information may not be current.
Before you start discussing a care plan with your provider, it’s a good idea to think about what matters to you and improves your life. Ask yourself:
- What do I most enjoy doing?
- What makes my life enjoyable and meaningful?
- What’s good right now and what’s not?
- What’s preventing me from having an enjoyable and meaningful life?
- What’s missing? What would I have if I could choose anything?
- What sorts of things might help to improve my day-to-day life?
- What support do I need to remain safe and well?
- Where and when do I want that support to be available?
- How do I want to be supported and by whom?
These questions are also on our Starting a Home Care Package page.
VIEW our page: Starting a Home Care Package